Thursday, March 3, 2011

When you have something to say...

This whole deal in Madison has me somewhat torn to be completely honest about how I am feeling about this. I haven't taken sides when typically I am more liberal than I am republican ( F Y I). I didn't vote for Bush and did for Obama. I didn't vote for Walker either. However, there are arguments on both sides of the fence that I do agree with. That's just me. I don't really talk politics much just because it's like religion or money. Somethings you just don't bring up on a first date or with people you just met or even if you have known them for a while. It will come up eventually. I just don't come up to people and say "Hi, I'm Molly and I believe that abortion is wrong but it's the woman's choice." (Personally, I could never do it and I don't endorse it but I can't and won't control the world. It's not my style.)



As for Walker (and Ohio since it's happening there too), I don't think it's right to take away public workers' bargaining rights or cut a BILLION dollars from the budget of Education. Has he done the research on how low America is as a country when it comes to education and how well-read we are as a country in comparison to others? Now we are going to dip ourselves even lower. Brilliant, Walker. I could go for the jugular and say something about Walker's grades and so on in his past ( which aren't good from what I read) but that's not right or nice (Midwesters are just nice people.) Is the education of the children that one day will run our states and country so low on  Walker's totem pole? Apparently. Education is becoming something that is for the wealthy and not something that we can all attain. I thought I heard something about how educated people tend to have less children than the people who didn't go to a higher education level out of high school which makes no sense to me at all. Why would you have more children if you can't even support yourself? (It's my number one reason for birth control.) Education is key. Period. There has to be something else we can cut from.



On the other hand, I'm not happy with the schools being closed for three days in a row at the beginning of this fiasco nor am I happy with the democrats leaving the state. Teachers, you say that your children are so important to you and then you leave them to protest? I know cutting teachers' jobs and budgets are outrageous but there should be no reason why we should be shutting a school district (one that never closes regardless of weather etc.) because of protesting. There should be enough teachers there to support our children as well.  If I were a mother, I would be outraged with the Madison school district. I would assume that I would have to then find some sort of day care for my children since I don't plan on being a stay at home mom and then pay more for that. Thanks, teachers. My parents are both teachers. My mother didn't go because she cared about her children too much and for that matter my dad hasn't done the teaching thing since I was maybe in 6th grade since he switched into the technology guy as of late but even he had to teach the math that he hadn't taught since then. There weren't enough teachers so they brought him in (btw... he is an awesome math teacher and there is a benefit from having parents that are teachers as much as they will piss you off when it comes to your education.) I don't get it. I really really don't. If I left the state I'd lose my job. Period. So get back here democrats and face it and get the republicans on your side. You need to show them why this is a HUGE mistake.


The whole game fires me up and there is so much to play on from an artist's stand. This is going to be interesting...



btw you can be upset with me for any of this but I'm just throwing it out there.

and furthermore, if you want some signs from the protest here is the 100 best...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-best-protest-signs-at-the-wisconsin-capitol

No comments:

Post a Comment